velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD -- Novlog <j-b.bri...@novlog.com>
Subject Re: Directive indenting ?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:41:46 GMT
Thanks for the pointer ! For years, I was thinking it was not possible.

On 21 mars 2011, at 20:52, Claude Brisson wrote:

> Yet, you can check a custom resource loader available on the wiki that does precisely
this:
> http://wiki.apache.org/velocity/StructuredGlobbingResourceLoader
>

>  Claude
>
> On 2011-03-21 19:50, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
>> On 03/21/2011 07:04 PM, Rich Wagner wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry in advance if this is a FAQ whose answer I haven't found...
>>>
>>> Instead of writing:
>>>

>>> #foreach( $container in $Containers )
>>> #if( $container.prop("Generate") )
>>>     ...stuff...
>>> #end
>>> #end
>>>

>>> I'd like to indent the "#if" and its "#end", for the sake of better readability:
>>>

>>> #foreach( $container in $Containers )
>>>     #if( $container.prop("Generate") )
>>>     ...stuff...
>>>     #end
>>> #end
>>>

>>> But then I find the spaces before the "#if" and its matching "#end" show up in
the output, which I don't want to happen.

>>> To get around this, I've implemented a somewhat hack-ish Template preprocesser:
 my resource loader wraps a template's stream inside my own stream implementation which filters
template lines.  That is, if a line starts with "<white-space>#blah", the initial spaces
are trimmed off.

>>> That works, and isn't all that intrusive.  But if "off-the-shelf" Velocity already
provides an easier way to accomplish the same thing, I'd prefer that...