velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Faour, Samer (CA - Toronto)" <sfa...@deloitte.ca>
Subject RE: Regex in Velocity templtes
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:51:45 GMT
Thanks Guys.

I'm developing a template for a client and just need basic functionality.
I would need the JDK installed on the target system, right?
The runtimes are not sufficient. Just want to confirm.

Thanks,
Samer

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergiu Dumitriu [mailto:sergiu.dumitriu@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Sergiu Dumitriu
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:22 AM
To: Velocity Users List
Subject: Re: Regex in Velocity templtes

On 04/05/2011 02:40 PM, Rachid wrote:
> By default you can use the regex functions of the Java String object.
> http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/String.html
>
> See for example:
> http://wiki.dbsight.com/index.php?title=Velocity_Template_Help
> And search for 'regex'

Or, if you want access to more advanced stuff, you can use a custom
velocity tool, such as
https://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/commons/xwiki-commons-core/trunk/xwiki-commons-velocity/src/main/java/org/xwiki/velocity/tools/RegexTool.java

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are
intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are
confidential, and may be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this
message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, and delete this message and any attachments from
your system. Thank you.