velocity-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Velocity log file
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 13:10:44 GMT
You're using the Velocity response writer in Solr, you mean?

The VelocityResponseWriter doesn't do anything specific regarding logging, so it is using
whatever Velocity does by default.  I'm not sure how it could be controlled given how VRW
currently does its thing:

  <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/src/java/org/apache/solr/response/VelocityResponseWriter.java>

There's a getEngine() call in there that is probably the thing for a Velocity wiz to analyze
to see what could be improved or how one could go about overriding the logging.

Thoughts?

	Erik

On May 12, 2011, at 12:18 , Logan Stinger wrote:

> I’m using velocity as part of Solr.  I am deploying my web app on JBossAS 6.0.0.  The
velocity.log file is being created in the directory I start jboss from.  Where do I configure
where the velocity.log file gets written too?