velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Townson <christopher.town...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a programming exercise integrating velocity with spring ... for general interest of this list
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 22:51:48 GMT
The source jar can be obtained from
http://christophertownson.com/mvn/com/christophertownson/spring-velocity/0.0.1/spring-velocity-0.0.1-sources.jar
(I need to update the pom details so this gets put into the mvn site
properly).

I should probably move scm at some point, too, so that others can
potentially have access to that. Maybe github.

As for GPL, that was a religious/political decision ... one can debate
the many the finer legal points of the various oss licences endlessly
but, since this was something that I did in my own time
free-of-charge, I wanted to make it available but I did not want it to
be utilised and/or distributed as part of a proprietary/commercial
software system (but could still be used by in-house systems where
these are not sold/distributed under non-GPL compatible licences). The
GNU is also, to my mind at least, the strongest symbol of open source
software. There are others, but those are the 2 basic reasons - the
GPL stipulates these, whereas apache/bsd do not, afaik. However, if
you can make a case for the others, please feel free -- but probably
best done off-list ;-)

Cheers,

Chris