velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Velocity log file
Date Fri, 13 May 2011 14:54:34 GMT
>From readin that code, it appears that it's loading configuration
properties from a file whose path is provided by the "v.properties"
param of the solr quer request.  You need to create such a file and
include such a parameter in the request that creates the
VelocityEngine.  You can populate that file with settings to control
logging.  Information about the settings is easy enough to find with a
quick Google search for ("velocity configuration logging") that i
don't feel inclined to repeat it here. :)

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 6:10 AM, Erik Hatcher <erik.hatcher@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're using the Velocity response writer in Solr, you mean?
>
> The VelocityResponseWriter doesn't do anything specific regarding logging, so it is using
whatever Velocity does by default.  I'm not sure how it could be controlled given how VRW
currently does its thing:

>  <https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/solr/src/java/org/apache/solr/response/VelocityResponseWriter.java>
>
> There's a getEngine() call in there that is probably the thing for a Velocity wiz to
analyze to see what could be improved or how one could go about overriding the logging.

> Thoughts?
>
>        Erik
>

> On May 12, 2011, at 12:18 , Logan Stinger wrote:
>
>> I’m using velocity as part of Solr.  I am deploying my web app on JBossAS 6.0.0.
 The velocity.log file is being created in the directory I start jboss from.  Where do I
configure where the velocity.log file gets written too?