velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Disappearance of LinkTool.setRelative
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:24:11 GMT
Nathan,

On 7/19/2011 8:03 PM, Nathan Bubna wrote:
> Oh, i forgot.  The old API is still there as a wrapper to the new one,
> in the old package (for complete B.C.)
>
> You just need to use org.apache.velocity.tools.view.tools.LinkTool

Aah, I see the problem. I use StrutsLinkTool, which has been re-written
to use org.apache.velocity.tools.view.LinkTool, which has lost these
methods.

So, StrutsLinkTool isn't a drop-in replacement at this point.

I agree that everyone had plenty of time to complain before the 2.0
release :)

The question is whether or not these methods should be re-introduced
into StrutsLinkTool. I can certainly add them, but only if strict
backward-compatibility is a significant goal. If I'm the only one
complaining, then I can certainly write my own wrappers.

Thanks,
-chris