velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Velocity Tools 2.0 README has incorrect build instructions
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:06:38 GMT
Nathan,

On 7/21/2011 12:54 PM, Nathan Bubna wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Christopher Schultz
> <chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>>> All important changes not linked to the build system change have been
>>> backported to the branch. Feel free to commit in it, we'll forward-post
>>> changes if needed.
>>
>> Great. I have created an enhancement bug this morning in JIRA and I can
>> either attach my patch and wait for comment, or simply commit to the
>> 2.0.0 branch and wait for any objections.
>>
>> Which would be best?
>
> you are a committer.  you should commit. :)  if you have hesitations
> or desire discussion about a change before you commit it, we have
> dev@velocity.apache.org ready and waiting.

Tomcat has a somewhat more formal review-than-commit process for
previously-released versions (the TC5 and TC6 releases, for instance)
but a commit-then-review process for TC7 where most of the new
development is going. I just didn't want to commit out of turn :)

I'll go ahead and commit everywhere.

Thanks,
-chris