velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: [tools] LinkTool.addAllParameters is not behaving as before
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:53:03 GMT
All,

> I do see /a/ bug in addAllParameters, but it doesn't account for the
> problem I'm seeing.

Okay, I was wrong, the ignores list *is* being updated by addQueryData
(indirectly through view.tools.LinkTool.setParam).

What I'm seeing is that the ignores list is bleeding-through from one
instance to another (or, rather, the child is affecting the parent).

I believe the problem is that the ignores list /reference/ is cloned in
generic.LinkTool.duplicate(boolean) and the list itself needs to be
cloned. I believe view.tools.LinkTool needs to override
duplicate(boolean) and clone the ignores list if the parameter is true.

I think this will fix this behavior, which of course I will be moving
away from ASAP :) Good to get things working for others to preserve
backward-compatibility, though.

-chris