velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Velocity Tools 2.0 README has incorrect build instructions
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 16:54:53 GMT
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Christopher Schultz
<chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>> All important changes not linked to the build system change have been
>> backported to the branch. Feel free to commit in it, we'll forward-post
>> changes if needed.
>
> Great. I have created an enhancement bug this morning in JIRA and I can
> either attach my patch and wait for comment, or simply commit to the
> 2.0.0 branch and wait for any objections.
>
> Which would be best?

you are a committer.  you should commit. :)  if you have hesitations
or desire discussion about a change before you commit it, we have
dev@velocity.apache.org ready and waiting.

> Also, this change is applicable in both trunk and 2.0.0, so shall I
> commit both places, or commit to 2.0.0 and wait for someone else to
> post-forward?

if you believe the change is useful in both the trunk 2.x and the
branch 2.0.x, then commit it to both.

> I'm happy to do either.

or both? :)