velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Velocity Tools 2.0 README has incorrect build instructions
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:34:25 GMT
On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Christopher Schultz
<chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> On 7/21/2011 1:06 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> I'll go ahead and commit everywhere.
>
> Hmm... I'm having trouble building trunk. That could be due to a number
> of environmental factors including wrong maven version (I grabbed
> 3.0.3), wrong maven use (I tried "mvn compile"), or missing local
> settings (no local Velocity 2.0 build), etc.

checkout/update https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/velocity/maven/trunk/pom
run mvn install for that project
checkout/update the engine trunk
run mvn install for that project
checkout/update the tools trunk
run mvn install for that project

> My patch builds and tests cleanly on 2.0.x and has been committed.

:)

> I can simply commit a similar patch to trunk (only difference is path
> names) and let someone verify it works. I'm reasonably confident that
> everything will be fine, and I'm guessing that VELOTOOLS-2.1 is quite a
> ways off so I won't be ruining some schedule if some small thing is out
> of order.

agreed.  however, it would be very good for you to be able to build the trunk.

> Shall I commit or let someone else forward-port my change? The patch was
> a completely new method in DateTool and a completely new DateToolTest file.

always better to test if you can.  but if you can't i promise to test
right after you commit, just so i don't have to mess with patches in
JIRA.  i pushed for you to be a committer in large part because i was
tired of committing your patches, remember? :)