velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disappearance of LinkTool.setRelative
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 23:55:57 GMT
I don't think there is any tool that was reworked as heavily as the
LinkTool(s).  A common request and top priority for me in 2.0 was to
create a generic (non-servlet) LinkTool and a cleaner API for it.  I
think put 40-60 hours into that alone.  I'm not at all surprised that
i dropped some of the old API in the process.  Sorry about that.

On the other hand, i begged and nagged and sent plenty of guilt trip
emails when pushing toward a 2.0 final, asking for people to report
B.C. failures and oversights.  So, i can only feel so bad when some of
those problems are discovered years later.

In any case, the mapping to replacements should not be difficult.  No
functionality should be lost, in fact, much was added.

Problems with mailto: and $link.uri() should probably go into JIRA,
those ought to work.