velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble finding velocity.properties in a jar
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:24:34 GMT
I would do two things (the first of which, you have probably done).
1) double-check that the build process for the JAR is correctly
putting the velocity.properties file into the root of the jar and that
the jar is in the classpath  2) try finding it elsewhere in the
classloader heirarchy:

InputStream stream =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("velocity.properties");
if (stream == null) {
  stream = ThisClass.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("velocity.properties");
  if (stream == null) {
      stream = ThisClass.class.getResourceAsStream("velocity.properties");
      if (stream == null) {
         throw new RuntimeException("WTF?  i'm not sure the resource
is really there.");
      }
  }
}