velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disappearance of LinkTool.setRelative
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:45:52 GMT
On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Christopher Schultz
<chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> Nathan,
>
> On 7/20/2011 11:28 AM, Nathan Bubna wrote:
>> Ah, yeah, i see the problem now.  StrutsLinkTool probably should have
>> extended the old LinkTool.  If you want to add the deprecated methods
>> back into StrutsLinkTool or change its parent class, i won't object.
>> I don't use the Struts support anymore anyway.
>
> I'm happy to do either -- let me know which you'd prefer. I suspect
> you'd rather re-add those methods instead of changing the inheritance
> chain (again).

actually, since the old LinkTool inherits the new one, it's not much
of a change. just inserting an intermediate.  either way, i trust your
judgment.

> Quick question: which file(s) should I be editing?
>
> $ find -name StrutsLinkTool.java
> ./src/main/java/org/apache/velocity/tools/struts/StrutsLinkTool.java
> ./velocity-tools-struts/src/main/java/org/apache/velocity/tools/struts/StrutsLinkTool.java

uh... we have multiple copies?  that shouldn't be.  i suppose both for
the moment, but we need to not have two copies of things.