velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: [TOOLS] Trouble building 2.0.x
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:39:13 GMT
Antonio,

On 2/2/12 3:19 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> 2012/2/1 Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>
>
>> Antonio,

>>> The problem is that Tools 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT depends on Velocity
>>> 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT, that depends on velocity-master 1-SNAPSHOT.
>>> IOW, everything is ready to use Maven as the main builder for the next
>>> iteration, so you have to build everything at once or nothing at all.
>>
>> So, if I want to work on Tools, I need to use tools/trunk, and
>> velocity/trunk. Back-porting is going to be a big mess :(
>>

> The question is: is backporting necessary?

Maybe. There are definitely some fixes I'd personally like to have in
the 2.0.x branch, because that's what I'm using in production right now.
I don't want to have to upgrade to Tools 2.1 (release date unknown) and
Velocity 2.0 (release date unknown) just to get those fixes.

Realistically, I can commit the changes to the 2.0.x line, build it
myself, and use it without a problem. I just figured that others might
be in my same position and like those fixes as well.

-chris