velocity-user mailing list archives

From "John McNair" <jmcn...@enox.com>
Subject is it possible to maintain a foreach directive after a VelocityEngine.evaluate()?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:44:49 GMT
Hi,

I have an oddball case where I need a multi-stage Velocity template
evaluation.  That is, image a pipelined process where:

-          Task one grabs a Velocity template, adds some (but not all) items
to the Context, evaluates, and sends the partially resolved output as input
to task two

-          Task two adds some (but not all) items to the Context, evaluates.

I know I can have variables like ${object1.member1} that will be preserved
in the output after evaluate() if object1 is not resolved, however, is it
possible to maintain a foreach directive after an evaluation:

## preserve this 'foreach' in the output if object1 is not resolved

#foreach( $element in $object1.elements )

#end

Thanks in advance,

John