velocity-user mailing list archives

From tdoughty <timothy.evan.doug...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to have velocity ignore certain characters?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 06:21:07 GMT

I'm just starting with Velocity at my internship, but I couldn't find the
answer to this. Is it possible to have Velocity ignore certain characters?
Velocity is giving an error when it encounters a '[' in the html file. I
will post the exact error tomorrow when I have access to my work computer.
The html file looks like:

...${variable[encoding=html]}...

It gives the error upon reading the opening bracket for encoding=html.
That's the only character that's giving me a problem. I have broken it up
into:

#set{$VARIABLE = '{variable[encoding=html]}'}

${D}${VARIABLE}

This works fine, but there's about a hundred different locations that a
variation of this code is listed in the files and I'm hoping there's an
easier way to manage it. Can you just list certain characters to ignore in
the template, or some variation of this? Thank you!