velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Townson <christopher.town...@gmail.com>
Subject velocity eclipse plugins, VTL grammar, XText
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:07:10 GMT
Hi all,

I've long thought that the Velocity could do with a better editor plugin
for Eclipse. I know there are a 2 or 3 out there already (veloedit being my
usual plugin of choice) but they're beginning to look a bit outdated next
to some of the rather nice XText-based editors I've seen for things like
Less-css and cukes/gherkin.

Motivated by a personal desire to have a go with XText, I was thinking to
have a go at creating a XText-based Eclipse editor plugin for Velocity.

My question(s) to people on this list are:

- How useful (or not) do people think this might be to them (i.e. is it
worth the effort?)
- Does anyone have any experience with XText and/or advice/suggestions for
creating an XText grammar for VTL?

Cheers,

Chris