velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: velocimacro.library - all specified required?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2015 20:10:00 GMT
On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Erik Hatcher <erik.hatcher@gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m trying to set up a system that has some built-in (to a JAR, class path
> loader) macros defined (in _macros.vm) and allows the user, in their own
> file system loader path, to define macros.vm (without underscore prefix) to
> add their own.
>
> I’m trying this:
>    engine.setProperty(RuntimeConstants.VM_LIBRARY, "_macros.vm,macros.vm”);
>
> But I get errors if macros.vm is not found.

Those errors should effectively just be warnings and not interrupt the
process. (Disclaimer: i haven't dealt with that stuff in a while)

Can I make it so that velocimacro.library loaded files are optional, such
> that if macros.vm isn’t there all works fine?   It’s giving me an error
> currently.

No, sorry, no way to mark a file as optional.

> Also, when given that comma-separated list, are they loaded in that order
> such that a macro defined in macros.vm can override one in _macros.vm?

Later definitions should override newer ones by default, i think. But
again, it's been a while since i worked with macros in this way.