velocity-user mailing list archives

From phi...@free.fr
Subject Re: File exists
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 07:59:49 GMT
Many thanks Sergiu.

This is exactly what I need.

BTW, only the second version of <object works with anchors:

For example,

<object data="/path/to/image.png">
  <object data="/path/to/fallback.png">
  </object>
</a>

----- Mail original -----
De: "Sergiu Dumitriu" <sergiu.dumitriu@gmail.com>
À: "Velocity Users List" <user@velocity.apache.org>
Envoyé: Vendredi 10 Avril 2015 08:47:06
Objet: Re: File exists

There's a simple HTML-only solution for that:

<object data="/path/to/image.png">
  <object data="/path/to/fallback.png"/>
</object>

Or even better:

On 04/09/2015 10:17 AM, phiroc@free.fr wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> my application's SOLR database has a field called "pdf_img", whose value is equal to
the path of an image which may or may not exist, for all sorts of reasons (network issues,
etc.)

> Before displaying the image with Velocity, I would like to check whether the file exists
or not, or is accessible or not. If it doesn't exist or it doesn't exist, I will display a
"image not available" picture.

template could cause a security concern.  See context objects table here <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Response+Writers#ResponseWriters-VelocityResponseWriter
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Response+Writers#ResponseWriters-VelocityResponseWriter>>

> If you’re up for some custom Java coding in Solr, you can implement a SearchComponent
that you can put into any search request handler that would put something into the response
object, say a boolean that tells you if the file exists.  If you need to actually read or
write to that file, you could do that in the SearchComponent as well.

> Of course the “FileHelper” idea would work if you hacked the VelocityResponseWriter
code (there is a TODO for me in there to make helpers pluggable, but this type of request
scares me away from making it too easy! :), but the SearchComponent is a way to get custom
data into the response which can then be leveraged by the Velocity template.  You can also
send in custom request parameters that become part of the request context object as well,
in case that helps here.

> But I’m curious - what’s the need here?    It’s a very unusual request for this
type of thing, so I’m concerned you’re trying something that should be done a different
way instead.

> —
> Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
> http://www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>
>

>> On Apr 9, 2015, at 9:18 AM, phiroc@free.fr wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately, I am using SOLR's implementation of Velocity, and don't know how to
create FileHelpers in that context.

Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/