velocity-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject [Tools] Possible to check StrutsLinkTool for an existing "forward"
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 00:38:14 GMT
All,

I've been using StrutsLinkTool with Struts 1.x for a very long time, and
I'm surprised this is the first time this has come up.

I'd like to check for the existence of a forward definition and, if it
exists, use it. Otherwise, I'd like to fall-back to a default.
Basically, I'm taking a Velocity template that is used in a bunch of
places to do one thing, and make it so that I can post a form to a
different (new) action in certain cases.

Normally, I'd do something like this:

#if($link.forward('maybe-exists'))
  <form action="$link.forward('maybe-exists')">
#else
  <form action="$link.forward('same-old-action')">
#end

Unfortunately, the $link.forward('maybe-exists'} will throw an error in
the cases that "maybe-exists" doesn't actually exist. Hence, my desire
to check for the existence of the forward declaration.

Is anything like that possible with the current 2.0 tools build? Can
anyone suggest an alternative without tossing something into the
Velocity context to act as a flag?

Thanks,
-chris