velocity-user mailing list archives

From Claude Brisson <cla...@renegat.net.INVALID>
Subject Re: strict mode but ignore null
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 14:35:26 GMT
I looked at the code, and, well, it looks like the strict mode is ...
rather strict. Even quiet references will throw an exception if you try
to access a property on a null object.

The only thing you can do to circumvent the exception is wrapping the
property use in #if() statements :

     #if($nullobj) $nullobj.someProp #end

   Claude