whirr-user mailing list archives

From Tom White <tom.e.wh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CassandraServiceTest integration test does not complete
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 16:45:11 GMT
Hi Tibor,

It's true the documentation is lacking in places. I've tried to answer
your questions in line below.

Thanks,
Tom

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 1:24 AM, Kiss Tibor <kiss.tibor@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to insert --run-url-base into the argLine...

--run-url-base is a CLI argument. To specify it in the argLine you
would do something like:

mvn verify -Pintegration -DargLine='-Dconfig=whirr-test.properties
-Dwhirr.test.provider=ec2 -.......'

Then in whirr-test.properties set

whirr.run-url-base=http://whirr.s3.amazonaws.com/0.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/

However, you shouldn't need to set this since it is the default in trunk.

> mvn verify -Pintegration
> -DargLine='--run-url-base=http://whirr.s3.amazonaws.com/0.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/
> -Dwhirr.test.provider=ec2 -.......'
>
> I got
> [INFO] [surefire:test {execution: default-test}]
> [INFO] Surefire report directory:
> /home/tibor/w/omixon/whirr/build-tools/target/surefire-reports
> Unrecognized option:
> --run-url-base=http://whirr.s3.amazonaws.com/0.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/
> Could not create the Java virtual machine.
>
> Looks like that --run-url-base it can be set only if I use the whirr jar
> only, but not for the integration test.
>
> Anyway, I'm still confused how it defaulted to CDH3b3's run-url-base.... how
> I understand, it shouldn't depend on config files which I never give them in
> --config attribute.

What's the name and path of the CDH3b3 propeties file? Does it work if
you remove that file?

> Still cannot run the integration test.

I run

mvn verify -Pintegration
-DargLine="-Dwhirr.test.identity=$AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
-Dwhirr.test.credential=$AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
-Dconfig=.whirr-test.properties"

and have a file called .whirr-test.properties which sets
whirr.client-cidrs. This passes for me on trunk.