whirr-user mailing list archives

From Fuad Efendi <f...@efendi.ca>
Subject Re: Whirr Hadoop cluster on EC2 with EBS
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 00:43:37 GMT
I used (Whirr 0.6.0) scripts provided by Cloudera, and it created
EBS-backed Hadoop (+Hbase), 10Gb for root "/", and 400Gb for "/data"

Unfortunately, it is bad idea.

1Tb will cost you $100/month, plus special fee for I/O, plus unpredictable
I/O so that it won't work with Hbase and ZooKeeper

Also, it will pick UBUNTU from Lucid which is buggy.

(I used script provided by Cloudera!!!)

Pls check there is related discussion hereĀŠ

Thanks,
Fuad