whirr-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: launching a one job cluster
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 21:52:58 GMT
This is exactly what the example code is doing (and the hadoop
integration test). The job running code is blocking while the job is
executing.

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 2:03 PM, David Alves <davidralves@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
>        I need to launch a cluster run a job and terminate the cluster as the job
is finished (as soon as possible).
>        Is there any "nice" way to do this, or do you have any suggestions?
>        On the top of my head I can imagine some quick and dirty solutions (like creating
a file whenever the task is completed and polling for its existence from the whirr handler)
but I'd like to do it without polling if possible. Any ideas?