whirr-user mailing list archives

From Haitao Jiang <jianghai...@gmail.com>
Subject SocketTimeOutException when run launch-cluster
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 00:25:59 GMT
Hi,

I am new to whirr and was trying to launch a cluster, everything seems fine,
except following error. This error cause the whirr failed to create the
instances file.

Any hint on how to get this fixed? I was running from my laptop to create
instances in aws-ec2 - instances were indeed created.

Thanks

Haitao

Problem writing instances file
C:\Users\h00725942\.whirr\haitao-zookeeper\instances
java.net.SocketTimeoutException
       at org.xbill.DNS.Client.blockUntil(Client.java:43)
       at org.xbill.DNS.UDPClient.recv(UDPClient.java:90)
       at org.xbill.DNS.UDPClient.sendrecv(UDPClient.java:116)
       at org.xbill.DNS.SimpleResolver.send(SimpleResolver.java:252)
       at
org.xbill.DNS.ExtendedResolver$Resolution.start(ExtendedResolver.java:95)
       at org.xbill.DNS.ExtendedResolver.send(ExtendedResolver.java:358)
       at org.apache.whirr.util.DnsUtil.resolveAddress(DnsUtil.java:55)
       at
org.apache.whirr.Cluster$Instance.getPrivateHostName(Cluster.java:113)
       at
org.apache.whirr.Cluster$Instance.getPrivateAddress(Cluster.java:88)
       at
org.apache.whirr.service.ClusterStateStore.serialize(ClusterStateStore.java:81)
       at
org.apache.whirr.service.FileClusterStateStore.save(FileClusterStateStore.java:68)
       at
org.apache.whirr.ClusterController.launchCluster(ClusterController.java:111)
       at
org.apache.whirr.cli.command.LaunchClusterCommand.run(LaunchClusterCommand.java:62)
       at org.apache.whirr.cli.Main.run(Main.java:64)
       at org.apache.whirr.cli.Main.main(Main.java:97)