whirr-user mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <Alex.Henev...@CloudsoftCorp.com>
Subject Re: Dying because - net.schmizz.sshj.transport.TransportException: Broken transport; encountered EOF
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:28:13 GMT

Paolo-

I've seen the same errors you are seeing with that distro on Amazon and
they are benign.  These ubuntu images have a race creating ssh server
keys, so sometimes at startup sshd will abort connections which
jclouds/sshj moans about, but it rights itself within a few seconds.

The machines listed at [1] seem to be the ones jclouds currently
returns, recent official Ubuntu contributed by Canonical.  It looks like
this is what you're hard-coding so I'd stick with what you're already
doing and disregard error messages from sshj that occur soon after
machine startup.

(That said, we're not entirely certain the images are okay; we have
tentative reports of other ssh problems with the 32-bit machines, but
haven't been able to isolate them.  If there are problems they are
highly intermittent -- but if you have any other issues please let us know.)

Best
Alex

[1]  http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/query/lucid/server/released.current.txt