whirr-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dying because - net.schmizz.sshj.transport.TransportException: Broken transport; encountered EOF
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:26:29 GMT
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Paolo Castagna <
castagna.lists@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andrei,
> thanks for your quick reply.
>
> On 26 October 2011 10:16, Andrei Savu <savu.andrei@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't have a good answer. Sometimes ssh connections are dropped but if
> the
> > cluster is able to start everything should be fine. 0.7.0 will ship with
> > jclouds 1.2.1 which has improvements around handling ssh connections.
>
> Is there a Whirr SNAPSHOT/nightly build I can use?

No. We only make the releases available as binary artefacts.

> Do you think I would be better of using a SNAPSHOT instead of the
> latest stable release?

Sometimes. Even if we are trying to be as careful as possible the trunk can
be unstable.

> > Another thing we've noticed while testing is that sometimes AMIs change
> > without notice and things start to break.
>
> Which AMIs do you use to test Whirr? ;-)

We use jclouds to automatically find an AMI running Ubuntu 10.04. This
mechanism is cool because it works in any region and on any cloud and can
also selecte 32bit or 64bit OSes as needed.