whirr-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase on EC2: Could not resolve the DNS name of ...
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 14:00:10 GMT
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM, Jim R. Wilson <wilson.jim.r@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Andrei,
>
> Would using REST allow me to connect via the hbase shell?

I don't think so. Right now the only to run the shell way is to login to a
cluster machine.

> Using the noop role, does it matter whether that's defined before or after
> the other roles?

The noop role is designed to allow you to start another machine that has no
specific role.

E.g whirr.instance-templates = 1 hadoop-namenode+hadoop-jobtracker, 1
hadoop-datanode+hadoop-tasktracker, 1 noop

You can use that machine to deploy your tools as needed.