whirr-user mailing list archives

From John Conwell <j...@iamjohn.me>
Subject Re: AMIs to use when creating hadoop cluster with whirr
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 19:40:08 GMT
Ok...I think I figured it out.  This email thread made me take a look at how
I'm kicking off my hadoop job.  My hadoop driver, the class that links a
bunch of jobs together in a workflow, is on a different machine than the
cluster that hadoop is running on.  This means when I create a new
Configuration() object it, it tries to load the default hadoop values from
the class path, but since the driver isnt running on the hadoop cluster and
doesnt have access to the hadoop cluster's configuration files, it just uses
the default vales...config for suck.

So I copied the *-site.xml files from my namenode over to the machine my
hadoop job driver was running from and put it in the class path, and
shazam...it picked up the hadoop config that whirr created for me.  yay!

--

Thanks,
John C