whirr-user mailing list archives

From John Conwell <j...@iamjohn.me>
Subject AMIs to use when creating hadoop cluster with whirr
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 16:38:10 GMT
I'm having stability issues (data nodes constantly failing under very little
load) on the hadoop clusters I'm creating, and I'm trying to figure out the
best practice for creating the most stable hadoop environment on EC2.

In order to run the cdh install and config scripts, I'm
setting whirr.hadoop-install-function to install_cdh_hadoop, and
whirr.hadoop-configure-function to configure_cdh_hadoop.  But I'm using a
plain jane ubuntu amd64 ami (ami-da0cf8b3).  Should I also be using the
cloudera AMIs as well as the cloudera install and config scripts.

Are they any best practices for how to setup a cloudera distribution of
hadoop on EC2?

--

Thanks,
John C