whirr-user mailing list archives

From "Jim R. Wilson" <wilson.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase on EC2: Could not resolve the DNS name of ...
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2011 13:43:07 GMT
Hi all,

First, let me thank you for adding 0.90.3 support to Whirr 0.6.0 - this is a
big help!

I'm trying to run a small demo cluster based on the 0.90.3-ec2 recipe.  The
cluster seems to be working, because when I SSH into a node and use the
hbase shell (/usr/local/hbase-0.90.3/bin/hbase shell), commands seem to work
as expected.

However, when I try to connect from my local host by using the generated
hbase-site.xml over the proxy tunnel created by hbase-proxy.sh, I get this
error message:

hbase(main):001:0> status
11/10/04 09:37:12 ERROR hbase.HServerAddress: Could not resolve the DNS name
of domU-<...>.compute-1.internal:60000

ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolve the DNS name of
domU-<...>.compute-1.internal:60000

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this a known issue?  Thanks,

-- Jim R Wilson (jimbojw)