whirr-user mailing list archives

From Marco Didonna <m.didonn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop configuration defaults
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 14:51:55 GMT
On 17 December 2011 15:23, Frank Scholten <frank@frankscholten.nl> wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> You can add hadoop properties in your whirr properties file like this:
>
> hadoop-mapreduce.mapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx1000m
> hadoop-mapreduce.mapred.child.ulimit=1500000
>
> See http://www.searchworkings.org/blog/-/blogs/running-mahout-in-the-cloud-using-apache-whirr
>
> Cheers,
>
> Frank

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough: I do use a configuration file
and I do add my own properties like
hadoop-mapreduce.mapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx1g. What I didn't know is
that whirr automatically and quite secretly adds its own properties
like mapred.child.ulimit. I want that if I do not specify a property
whirr will not add it (like mapred.child.ulimit) so that it defaults
to hadoop of that particular property.
I did try to modify whirr-hadoop-default.properties removing two lines
but now whirr doesn't work properly anymore: in particular it doesn't
install cdh any more.
What modification to the source code should I perform to reach my goal?

Thank you