whirr-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating a Hadoop cluster(Hbase+Hive+pig)
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:07:01 GMT
Hi,

And welcome to the community! I am happy to see that you've been able to
get up and
running by following the instructions on the website.

Hive is still work in progress:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-343 and the
same is true for Pig.

You can easily add any service you want. Check the following presentation:
http://www.oscon.com/oscon2011/public/schedule/detail/19214
(it explain both how Whirr works and how to write a service from scratch)

If you want to take the lead on implementing a new service I can provide
as much assistance as needed on the way.

Can you tell us a bit more about the end product you are building on Whirr?

Cheers,

-- Andrei Savu / andreisavu.ro