whirr-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: moving ec2 to a larger size
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:06:58 GMT
Right now Whirr can only deploy clusters with a single type of instances as
specified by whirr.hardware-id.

After a cluster is started Whirr allows a user to either run scripts on the
remote nodes or destroy the cluster.

We are working on adding the ability to resize running clusters:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-214

I encourage you to take the lead on adding a feature that allows a user to
specify a
different instance type for each template group. I think we need a new property
like this:

whirr.hardware-id.hadoop-namenode+hadoop-jobtracker=m2.xlarge

Start from ClusterSpec.java

-- Andrei