whirr-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating a Hadoop cluster(Hbase+Hive+pig)
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:39:03 GMT
Hi Andrei,

      First of all I would like to thank you guys for the great work
you all have done.Actually, we are trying to set up a Hadoop cluster
on Amazon that includes Chukwa, Hbase, Hive and Pig.We'll use this
setup to collect data from remote servers that is coming in xml format
using Chukwa.And we'll dump this data to HDFS and Hbase.Then using Pig
we'll do some analytics and may be some indexing through Solr etc.So,
I was trying to figure out the options we have and I found Whirr most
appropriate.Till now we were trying everything locally on a cluster of
4 machines created by us, but now we are planning to move to AWS.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq