whirr-user mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting HBASE Cluster: Error executing command: ./setup-medined status
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 20:04:50 GMT
Sure. I'll try as many times as needed. I'd love to help. This is my
current hbase-ec2.properties file:

whirr.cluster-name=hbase
whirr.instance-templates=1
zookeeper+hadoop-namenode+hadoop-jobtracker+hbase-master,2
hadoop-datanode+hadoop-tasktracker+hbase-regionserver
whirr.provider=aws-ec2
whirr.identity=${env:AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID}
whirr.credential=${env:AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY}
whirr.hbase.tarball.url=http://archive.apache.org/dist/hbase/hbase-0.89.20100924/hbase-0.89.20100924-bin.tar.gz

This is the command I ran:

$ whirr launch-cluster --config hbase-ec2.properties

And this is the output:

Bootstrapping cluster
Configuring template
Starting 1 node(s) with roles [zookeeper, hadoop-namenode,
hadoop-jobtracker, hbase-master]
Configuring template
Unexpected error while starting 1 nodes, minimum 1 nodes for
[zookeeper, hadoop-namenode, hadoop-jobtracker, hbase-master] of
cluster hbase
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
org.jclouds.http.HttpResponseException: command: POST
https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 failed with response:
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request; content: [Non-Windows AMIs with a
virtualization type of 'hvm' currently may only be used with Cluster
Compute instance types.]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:252)
	at org.apache.whirr.actions.BootstrapClusterAction$StartupProcess.waitForOutcomes(BootstrapClusterAction.java:298)
	at org.apache.whirr.actions.BootstrapClusterAction$StartupProcess.call(BootstrapClusterAction.java:251)
	at org.apache.whirr.actions.BootstrapClusterAction$StartupProcess.call(BootstrapClusterAction.java:212)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Caused by: org.jclouds.http.HttpResponseException: command: POST
https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 failed with response:
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request; content: [Non-Windows AMIs with a
virtualization type of 'hvm' currently may only be used with Cluster
Compute instance types.]
	at org.jclouds.aws.handlers.ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.handleError(ParseAWSErrorFromXmlContent.java:74)
	at org.jclouds.http.handlers.DelegatingErrorHandler.handleError(DelegatingErrorHandler.java:69)
	at org.jclouds.http.internal.BaseHttpCommandExecutorService$HttpResponseCallable.shouldContinue(BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.java:200)
	at org.jclouds.http.internal.BaseHttpCommandExecutorService$HttpResponseCallable.call(BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.java:165)
	at org.jclouds.http.internal.BaseHttpCommandExecutorService$HttpResponseCallable.call(BaseHttpCommandExecutorService.java:134)
	... 5 more

It tries to start the master node twice. Then tries for the
regionserver. The command seems to hang after several attempts.