whirr-user mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting HBASE Cluster: Error executing command: ./setup-medined status
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 19:39:13 GMT
Setting whirr.hardware-id=m1.small produced the same large data dump.

Setting whirr.hardware-id=c1.xlarge produced this error:

org.jclouds.http.HttpResponseException: command: POST
https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 failed with response:
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request; content: [Non-Windows AMIs with a
virtualization type of 'hvm' currently may only be used with Cluster
Compute instance types.]

I'm sorry if I'm being dense here. Getting a basic hadoop cluster to work using

whirr.hardware-id=c1.medium
whirr.image-id=us-east-1/ami-d59d6bbc

was so easy that I was excited to try hbase. I'm just not
understanding the error messages enough to guess how to result these
issues.