whirr-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: whirr/jclouds ssh configuration -- survive reboot?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 06:56:30 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Evan Pollan <evan.pollan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this a known limitation?  Does anyone know of a customization to the
> installation/configuration function scripts that will ensure that the ssh
> config persists through a reboot?

It should be persisted but the ec2-user is only used for bootstrap. Whirr
0.7.0 creates a new user on the remote machines named whirr.cluster-user
(default value is the name of local user running Whirr).

Try:  ssh -i ... <whirr.cluster-user>@remote-machine   or just ssh -i
remote-machine if you don't specify a value for whirr.cluster-user.

Note: if you specify a value for whirr.cluster-user make sure it doesn't
already exist on the remote machines

PS: I'm trying to replicate the behaviour you are seeing.