whirr-user mailing list archives

From Deb Ghosh <dgcloud...@gmail.com>
Subject Whirr installation issue
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 03:05:06 GMT
Hello ,

Would appreciate a help on the following issue :-

I was installing whirr on Amazon ec2 cluster  the launch of whirr using my
ubuntu 11.10 was ok

then we did the following to run the proxy server

sh ~/.whirr/myhadoopcluster/hadoop-proxy.sh*
   Running proxy to Hadoop cluster at
   ec2-72-44-45-199.compute-1.amazonaws.com.
   Use Ctrl-c to quit.*

The hadoop-proxy.sh is used to access the web interface of Hadoop securely.
When we run this it will tunnel through to the cluster and give us access
in the web browser via a SOCKS proxy. For this we changed the internet
option for proxy and after that when we tried to access following jsp page

http://<hostname>:50070/dfshealth.jsp  this was not working

(here the hostname was real DNS address on Amazon ec2).

It is waiting for sometime and then failing to connect to amazon server.

Please let me know - How I need to resolve this asap.

Thanks in advance
Debashis  ( mobile # 5103662639)