whirr-user mailing list archives

From Xiaomeng Wan <shawn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: whirr on rackspace
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 19:44:17 GMT
Hi Andrei,

Here is the hadoop.properties file I used:

whirr.cluster-name=myhadoopcluster
whirr.instance-templates=1 hadoop-jobtracker+hadoop-namenode,1
hadoop-datanode+hadoop-tasktracker
whirr.provider=cloudservers-us
whirr.identity=xxx
whirr.credential=xxx
whirr.private-key-file=id_rsa
whirr.public-key-file=id_rsa.pub
whirr.hadoop.install-function=install_cdh_hadoop
whirr.hadoop.configure-function=configure_cdh_hadoop

I run the wordcount example from namenode (ssh to it) and from local
machine, both gave the same connection error

INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
xxx.static.cloud-ips.com/xxx:8021. Already tried 0 time(s).

when I run netstat on namenode, it shows 8020 is open, but no 8021.

Shawn