whirr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Baclace <paul.bacl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whirr on HPCloud
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 02:33:48 GMT
On 20120815 17:54 , Andrew Bayer wrote:
> You'll actually have to do some manual tweaks due to HP Cloud public
> IPs not having reverse-resolvable IP addresses - you'll need to
> manually go onto each of your hosts and change any references to
> hostnames they put in there to the IP instead.
It's been some years since I had to deal with this security feature in
Java.  It only needs within-cluster consistency for my purposes.

Do you mean modify /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname or apply sed to every
single .conf file?

Are the local state files affected on the host running Whirr? (There was
the idea floating around that jclouds might read that to avoid excess
REST calls instead of just writing it.)

I just checked an HP Cloud node and "dig -x $localIP" finds a PTR rec
(example:  server-9999999999-az-1-region-a-geo-1.novalocal.), but the
public ip finds nothing.

(For reference:  An associate of mine recently wrote up a simple test
tool for this:
     http://sujee.net/tech/articles/hadoop/hadoop-dns/ )

Paul