whirr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Baclace <paul.bacl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whirr on HPCloud
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:49:11 GMT
 > P.s. if you go to the jclouds-cli repo on github, you can enumerate
the IDs you need.

Good to know.  I will try this.

Using the latest WHIRR-593 patch for jclouds 1.5.0b10, I can start a
64bit "noop" machine which ends up as xsmall and ubuntu 10.04 despite
these config props:

# a well known image ubuntu 12.04 as listed in hpcloud console (image id
is "not found"):
whirr.image-id=8419

# id not found:
whirr.hardware-id=standard.small

# id not found:
whirr.hardware-id=101

# changing the minRam to 2048 did not force a small machine:
whirr.template=osFamily=UBUNTU,osVersionMatches=12.04,os64Bit=true,minRam=2048

I *was* able to start a small machine using the region and the openstack
machine code like this:
whirr.hardware-id=az-1.region-a.geo-1/101

Next I need to find the exact form for whirr.image-id so I can use a
custom image (perhaps region is needed in the specifier or a full URL).

Paul