whirr-user mailing list archives

From Prabhuram Mohan <mprabhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: strange error in 0.8.0 CDH hadoop recipe
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:32:34 GMT
Thanks Paul.

I guess i figured out the problem. If you look at my configuration , i
havent specified the AMI.

When the hardwareid is m1.small then whirr goes and picks the AMI ami-5154b838
which is a 32 bit AMI.
I looked at the /tmp/*/stderr.log - the hadoop install itself is failing
because apt is not able to find the packages.

Then i set the parm whirr.image-id=us-east-1/ami-35de095c (a 64 bit AMI) ,
which worked fine even for m1.small setting.

Should we create a bug for this or document it some where so it is there
for some one to google it ?