whirr-user mailing list archives

From Russell Jurney <russell.jur...@gmail.com>
Subject Ports on HBase recipe to unlock in EC2 Security Group?
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 03:37:02 GMT
I've booted a 5 node HBase cluster on EC2 using whirr
recipes/hbase-ec2.properties

I want to run Pig from the namenode. I have downloaded Pig 0.10.0 and HBase
0.9X and I want to use Pig's HBaseStorage from the namenode to load data
from S3 and store it in HBase.

My problem is that I can't connect to port 8200 in my Pig session, from the
namenode.  Does anyone know what rules you need to create in the security
group to connect to HBase from the namenode? I've tried adding the
machine's internal/external IPs and localhost, but I can't connect.

I'm concerned about authorizing my NAT home IP to connect directly, so this
seems the best way. How does one get an EC2 Whirr launched HBase cluster to
let you in?

Thanks,

--
Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney russell.jurney@gmail.com datasyndrome.com