whirr-user mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net>
Subject Re: Problems using whirr to launch ubuntu machines
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 03:34:59 GMT
Hmmmm ... no luck.  I've tried now with whirr.bootstrap-user,
whirr.login-user (which whirr tells me is now deprecated in favor of
whirr.bootstrap-user), and with no user at all.  Result is always the
same:  instances start up, but whirr fails to initialize them.  The
whirr log shows the following error message (which apparently indicates
an ssh login failure):

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid packet: indicated length
1349281121 too large

And on the nodes, I keep seeing Ubuntu starting up a process that echo's
the following message:  Please login as the user "ubuntu" rather than
the user "root".

So it seems that somehow whirr keeps trying to login as root and
failing.  Not sure why.

The Ubuntu AMI I'm using is based off of one provided by the Ubuntu
project itself.  Specifically ami-4fad7426.  (See this page for more
details:  http://cloud.ubuntu.com/ami/)

Anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here?

Thanks,

DR