whirr-user mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Problems using whirr to launch ubuntu machines
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:51:22 GMT

Guys,

I'm not seeing any easy way to set this.  I've never stumbled across the
option to set the AMI platform type (is this inferred from kernel ID?).
In any case I think jclouds uses the imageLocation field compared with
known patterns used by known image providers (in
AWSEC2ReviseParsedImage) -- platform doesn't seem to be in the wire log.

If using raw jclouds you can provide your own AdminAccess setup, that's
the way to log in as ubuntu so I think the "solution" here would be to
extend Whirr to expose this.

Alternatively ... in this case ... is it an option either to use a stock
AMI or permit root logins?  A stock AMI has the advantage that others
will be using and testing against it.

--A