whirr-user mailing list archives

From Arun Ramakrishnan <sinchronized.a...@gmail.com>
Subject whirr and oracle jdk
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:59:40 GMT
When I try to install oracle jdk using
whirr.java.install-function=install_oracle_jdk6

I believe it uses the script in
core/main/resources/functions/install_oracle_jdk6.sh

But, due to oracle deciding to be a
pain<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-579>the install fails
because the download fails

**********
curl
http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/6u31-b04/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin-L
--silent --show-error --fail --connect-timeout 60 --max-time 600
--retry
5 -o /tmp/tmp.IQf7At2H8B/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin
************

It would fail for you too.

But, a neat workaround is to specify the cookie that would be set when a
user accepts a licensing agreement.
 The following command would work

***********
wget -c --no-cookies --header "Cookie: gpw_e24=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oracle.com%2F"
"
http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7u3-b04/jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz"
--output-document="jdk-7u3-linux-x64.tar.gz"

The issue I am having is. I updated the script to use this command instead.
Built it using mvn clean install assembly:assebly.
Used the resulting whirr archive distribution to launch a new cluster.
But, the install_oracle_jdk6.sh script seems to be using the old command
and not the new one. I am not sure where I need to update this for the
change to take effect.

thanks
Arun