whirr-user mailing list archives

From Samarth Gupta <samarthgupta...@gmail.com>
Subject launching multiple cluster using whirr
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:54:00 GMT
Hi,

I was planning to use aws to test a haoop application and evaluating whirr
for setting up the cluster. I have tried some whirr recipes, and seen that
each script is starting single cluster. I wanted to know is it possible to
have a recipe launch multiple clusters ?

Below is the kind of set up i would like to have once launch-cluster is
over :

*Cluster A:*

with roles : namenode, datanode, tasktracker, jobtracker, oozie,
MyApp-master

*Cluster B :*

with roles : namenode, datanode, tasktacker, jobtracker, oozie, MyApp-slave

I will be writing whirr services for MyApp-master , MyApp-slave. These
services will require HDFS end points of the cluster A and B. Once of the
uses of application is to replicate data from cluster A to B and vices
versa, using "distcp"  so those details will be needed while MyApp service
is being deployed.

is it possible to have above kind to AWS setup using whirr ?

Thanks in Advance :
Samarth