whirr-user mailing list archives

From Satish Mittal <satish.mit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to specify hardware-id per whirr instance template
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 18:41:53 GMT
Thanks Andrew!

So to confirm, currently I am specifying 2 nodes:
whirr.instance-templates=1 hadoop-namenode+A, 1 hadoop-datanode+B

now I need to replace it with 2 separate entries:
whirr.templates.hadoop-namenode+A.hardware-id=m1.large
whirr.templates.hadoop-datanode+B.hardware-id=m1.medium

Is this correct?

Also, a follow-up question: suppose I want to specify x instance of A and y
instances of B on the same node. How can I do that? i.e. In general, can we
specify separate number for individual roles on an instance?

-Satish