whirr-user mailing list archives

From Satish Mittal <satish.mit...@gmail.com>
Subject how to specify hardware-id per whirr instance template
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 17:56:15 GMT
Hi All,

I recently tried out apache whirr to spin off EC2 instances and deploy my
stack - that comprises of hadoop DN/NN/TT/JT and my distributed
applications that use hadoop. It worked fine. However in my recipe file, I
could give only one hardware-id:

whirr.hardware-id=m1.medium

However this configuration applies to all instance-templates in my recipe.
Ideally I would like to specify different hardwares for different instance
templates - so that I could spin off EC2 instance type depending upon the
combination of processes specified in the template (larger machine for
large number of processes, and vice-versa). Is it possible to do so
currently? I tried looking into the doc available, but couldn't find any
way. Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
Satish

--
"The happiest of people donĀ“t necessarily have the best of everything, they
just make the most of everything that comes along their way."